Human Resources Processes and Employment Law
We offer practical, up to date and timely solutions to all generalist HR queries. Our service is particularly useful to those companies who do not need a full time HR resource or who require particular skills to complete specific projects.
A number of clients have established retainer schemes with Insight 2 from anything between two to 10 days per month. This provides the management team and employees with the facility to call up at any time with any query.
- Drafting new employment contracts, HR policies and staff handbooks.
- Completing training needs analysis programmes and establishing a training function.
- Designing compensation programmes and co-ordinating salary reviews.
- Acting as the first point of contact for all HR queries.
- Designing secondment policies and international assignment contracts.
- Assisting with the due diligence processes required in IPO’s and M&A’s.
- Designing recruitment and assessment strategies
A key element of organisational effectiveness is maximising the skills and abilities of an individual no matter what stage of their career or career aspirations.
For managerial and executive positions we offer a range of individual assessments to identify strengths and weaknesses, motivations, leadership style and cultural fit.
We design and facilitate development centres to establish the skills gaps and hence training plans to enable them to be more successful at and ready for more responsibility.
For graduate recruitment we provide CV screening, aptitude testing and the design and facilitation of assessment centres.
Training & Development
Our approach is to offer tailor made, practical and effective development programmes. We believe that any intervention, be it team or individual based, must meet an organisation’s strategic needs and as such SWOT analysis and project management skills are incorporated into many of the programmes.
We believe people learn and retain information better when they have an opportunity to apply it to themselves or colleagues and so a range of personality questionnaires and psychometrics are included throughout the programmes.
Recent Case Studies
- Designing and delivering cross border management and motivation workshops for finance, insurance and law firms.
- Conducting employee and management attitude surveys for an American and Japanese bank.
- Facilitating team building and business planning off-sites for HR, Product Development, Fund Management, Retail Sales and Structured Finance departments.
- Competency based Interviewing Skills training for an advertising firm.
- Designing and implementing European wide performance management systems.
- Delivering maximising business opportunities and client relationship courses
e-Learning offers a cost effective and flexible training system which allows individuals anywhere in the world, to be trained where and when it is convenient to them and their organisation. The delivery is individualised and self-paced and at the same time reduces learning times by an average of 40–60 percent.
At Insight 2 we have been involved in the design and delivery of e learning systems for a number of years and offer high quality e-learning programmes as part of our blended training solutions. The range of projects developed includes bespoke company induction programmes, regulatory training, management and personal skills development.
An online or CD-ROM delivered learning system not only fits in with new working patterns, but well designed interactive multimedia training has also been proven to increase retention of information and application to the job by 25 percent compared to traditional methods.
e-Learning also allows for regular and rapid updates of the content in response to changes, facilitates re-fresher training when required and provides a standardised method of delivery.
We can manage the whole development process, from analysing the training needs, authoring the content and subject matter to designing the layout and technical programming.
Coaching & Career Management
We work with both companies and individuals to bring about tangible improvements in performance, concentrating on clarifying values, challenging beliefs and working on goals and strategies.
Areas in which we have offered support are:
- Helping individuals to become more aware of themselves and their impact on others, resulting in improved teamwork and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Reducing stress and tension.
- Career change and lifestyle planning.
- Coaching for leadership – working with individuals to expand their levels of responsibility.
- Aligning team members with the goals and visions of the organisation.
- Improving team working in real and virtual teams.
- Helping individuals to come to terms with redundancy and working with them to clarify what they want to do next.
Organisational Change Management
Some people thrive on change and become restless with routine, but for many change is frightening and frustrating. Allowing this fear to remain unchecked ultimately leads to a drop in performance, increased absenteeism and a decline in team working and morale.
We work with companies, teams and individuals to make change a more constructive process:
- We work with the management teams to facilitate the development of a new culture, divisional missions, team structures as well as acting as coach and sounding board.
- We run team building workshops aimed at establishing common goals and agreed operating styles; particularly important for cross border or newly established functional teams.
- While for team managers we can assist with the assessment of core skills and strengths within the group as well as creating development plans to ensure the team meets the new objectives.
- For HR departments we have drafted revised terms and conditions of employment, redundancy guidelines and benefits packages, resulting from mergers and acquisitions, as well as providing general employment law advice.
Employees are often the most valuable asset of any firm as such companies and managers need professionally managed performance appraisal systems to ensure that business objectives are achieved.
Performance management systems are now also crucial to managing the continuing professional development required by many of the professional bodies, such as the FSA, CIPD and CIMA as well as being essential management tools for successful firms.
Insight 2 has worked with a number of firms:
- Designing and introducing European performance management systems.
- Introducing European 360° competency based performance management system.
- Drafting competency models.
- Conducting workshops for managers to enable them to develop their understanding of the principles of performance management, setting and evaluating objectives and developing confidence in providing performance feedback
- Running workshops for employees to enhance their understanding of the process and the importance of thinking about their performance, career development and training requirements in advance of the appraisal meeting.
The aviation industry carries over 180 million people and more than 2.1 million tonnes of freight each year. Aviation security training is a key weapon in the fight to maintain the safety of the skies.
Insight 2’s Aviation Cargo Security is a combination of interactive computer based and practical classroom training, where required, to meet Levels 1 – 4 of the regime.
Our new online Dangerous Goods Training Programme covers all aspects of handling, storing and recognising dangerous goods being transported by air.
The key benefits of the online training programmes are:
- Individual staff can be trained on their 1st day at work, there are no minimum class requirements.
- Trainees can stop and return to the course at any point to fit in with work schedules.
- It has been designed to accommodate second language trainees without pc literacy.
- Each module contains a multiple choice assessment.
- The assessment and training records are held on a stand alone Learning Management System, which can be accessed directly to ensure that training is up to date.
A selection of companies currently using our Aviation training
- Air Canada
- B&H Worldwide
- Brisk Global logistics
- Foremost International Ltd
- Oceanair Handling, Jersey
- Skybound Services
For full details of our Aviation Security Training please go to www.i2ast.co.uk